Are you one of the 80% of women and 7% of men who like to have smooth legs (Gillette Study July 2020)? Yes. And now you want to say goodbye to endless shaving or waxing sessions.
Discover the many advantages of leg laser hair removal at our Epilia centres in Belgium.
How leg laser hair removal works
Advantages of laser hair removal
You are probably wondering why you should choose leg laser hair removal rather than the good old razor or even Intense Pulsed Light hair removal.
Perfect hair removal
To begin with, this technique directly eliminates the bulb of each hair, one by one. The light beam of the Alexandrite laser features a wavelength of 755 nm. This makes it the safest and most precise laser on the market today.
Techniques such as razors or depilatory creams do not attack the root of the hair. This means that hair grows back more or less quickly, depending on your skin. With shaving, you have to run the blade over your legs every 2 or 3 days. With a depilatory cream, you gain just one or two days.
Wax, on the other hand, pulls out the hair with the bulb. This very painful method gives you smooth skin for just 2 to 3 weeks. But the cumulative cost of each appointment makes it expensive (a woman could spend €25,500 on waxing in the course of a lifetime), according to a study by Skincare.
And what about Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)? This technique does attack the bulb, but it uses several different types of light. The energy is lower and less targeted than in the case of laser. It is more of an ephemeral hair removal.
Optimal results for the skin
Moreover, laser is a safe technique. Thanks to the precision of the laser beam our laser therapists can touch only the bulb without damaging your epidermis (unlike IPL, which does not distinguish the hair with precision).
Say goodbye to the redness and pain of waxing. At your Epilia centre, in addition to targeting each bulb with precision, we combine our laser with Zimmer technology. This machine acts as a local anaesthetic thanks to the cooling from it.
At what age should you start leg laser hair removal?
Permanent laser hair removal can be performed on minors as of the age of 15, provided that one of the two parents agrees and signs a consent form. This parent must also be present at the first consultation (which is free of charge).
We nonetheless recommend waiting until hormonal stability has been reached before starting laser treatment.
Otherwise, it is more of a comfort — rather than a definitive – treatment.
Laser hair removal for all
Laser hair removal for women
Why is laser hair removal so popular with women?
80% of women want to get rid of the hair on their legs. Opting for laser hair removal means:
- effective, long-lasting results,
- rapid treatment,
- smooth, soft skin,
- time saved,
- long-term financial savings.
In fact, you will see results already from the very first session. Now imagine the results at the end of your treatment!
And your budget for leg laser hair removal will never reach that of waxing or even regular shaving. Above all, you’ll know the exact cost of each session well before you start your treatment. Moreover, at each Epilia centre, you pay only for the current session. So you can stagger your total budget over several months.
Various areas of the legs
Needless to say, each patient is unique. So to help you choose, we offer hair removal per precise area or conversely a more global approach:
- 1/2 legs: you can at long last wear your summer outfits without having to think about making an appointment with your beautician two days beforehand.
- Feet: say goodbye to those unsightly hairs on your feet.
- Toes: get rid of the embarrassment brought about by dark hair constantly growing back on your toes. Enjoy your sandals at last!
- Thighs: Would you like to treat your entire thighs? It’s perfectly possible. Bear in mind, however, that the upper thighs are a hormone-dependent area, so we’ll be talking more about comfort treatments here.
- Quadriceps: this is an area of about ½ A4 sheet on your thighs (front or back).
- Whole legs: For a complete laser treatment of your legs, choose this area to remove hair from your feet all the way up to your upper thighs.
We offer special packages such as leg hair removal combined with bikini line or underarm hair removal so that you can enjoy the benefits of laser hair removal in one of our professional Epilia centres. This way you can take advantage of competitive rates all year round.
Ideal hair removal for men's legs
Benefits for men
Leg laser hair removal for men makes it possible to:
- Limit ingrown hairs: laser hair removal eliminates these ingrown hairs, which result from regular shaving, and thus reduces the causes of irritation and infection.
- Slow hair growth: this comfort hair removal treatment drastically reduces hair growth.
- Improve aesthetic appearance: for safety or performance reasons, or simply to improve your appearance, laser leg hair removal frees you from regular shaving or waxing sessions. Your skin gets softer and smoother with each session.
Which area of the legs should you choose?
Whether you are athletic or you care about your appearance, at our Epilia centres you can remove hair on the:
- 1/2 legs: you can have hair removed by laser starting from your feet and going up to your knees (inclusive).
- Thighs: hair will be removed by laser only from the upper part of your legs. Don’t hesitate to speak to one of our laser therapists.
- Feet: Enjoy your summer flip-flops without worrying about hair on your feet and toes. Removing hair by laser from this part of the body will give you an immediate feeling of well-being.
- Toes: To avoid the pain of tweezers on this sensitive area, we suggest you get rid of these unsightly hairs.
- Whole legs: to make laser hair removal accessible to as many people as possible, your Epilia centres offer a comprehensive package for leg laser hair removal. In this way, we can reduce the amount of hair on your thighs, knees, half-legs and feet significantly.
Your leg hair removal session at an Epilia centre
Guidelines to follow before each laser hair removal session
During your first meeting, your laser therapist will give you all the advice you need to get the best possible result. But bear in mind that this laser treatment is not recommended for pregnant women.
Your skin colour, as well as the thickness of your hair and its melanin content, are important when it comes to hair removal by Alexandrite laser. For example, white, grey, very blond and some red hairs contain little or no melanin. So they cannot be destroyed by the laser beam.
To prepare for your first laser hair removal session as quickly as possible, avoid any contact with the sun on the areas to be treated. You risk a burn!
Procedure of a laser hair removal session at the Epilia centres
As soon as you arrive, we will welcome you to a cosy, bright room with all the comfort you could possibly wish for. Your well-being is our priority at all times.
Our laser therapists will accompany you throughout your sessions. This ensures that you receive personalised, professional care.
The length of each session will depend on the area(s) to be depilated.
Needless to say, in each of our Epilia centres, you only pay for the session you have just completed. You will never be asked for an advance. So you are free to make your own appointments and therefore your own budget.
Post laser hair removal session recommendations
You have come to the end of your first laser hair removal session.
You may notice some redness just after hair removal. Rest assured, it will go away on its own. We recommend that you apply a soothing cream morning and evening for 3 days after your session.
Hair will reappear on your legs after a few weeks. This corresponds to a new growth cycle. Fortunately, your second session will coincide with this period. Your legs will get smoother and cleaner as the months go by.
Don’t wait any longer. Make an appointment at your Epilia centre. Our team of laser hair removal professionals is waiting for you.